The pandemic has no excuse for the White House to keep all Kennedy files confidential-Oliver Stone broadcast-RT World News

The Oscar-winning director told Afshin Rattansi that he was puzzled by President Joe Biden’s decision to postpone the release of classified documents on the assassination of the 35th President John F. Kennedy in 1963.

A White House memo written last month stated that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the National Archives and other institutions need “Extra Time” Prepare Kennedy documents for publication. The publication of the document was postponed to December 15, 2022.

“This is the official reason. I don’t know how this applies because I don’t know why you can’t read or think when you are infected with Covid,” Stone told RT’s “Going Underground” host.

Former President Donald Trump released approximately 19,000 declassified documents in the Kennedy case in 2018, many of which have been abridged. However, other documents were detained on grounds of national security.

“He not only gave in at the last second and refused to release the approximately 20,000 documents that interest us,” Stone talked about Trump. “He added a step illegally: He said he would consult the National Archives next time. It was a decision made by Congress at first, and the President was the last to say stop. [the publication]. “

Stone’s new documentary “Kennedy Revisited: Through the Mirror” premiered at the Cannes Film Festival last summer.Stone Tell Rattansi In July, Kennedy may be “A very organized black action” Because of his anti-colonial policy and desire to end the Cold War.

Watch the full interview on RT.com on Wednesday.

Do you think your friends will be interested? Share this story!

Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *