Royal family refuses to discuss Prince Andrew’s sexual abuse lawsuit – Action News Now

Palace will ‘not comment’ on prince’s legal issues involving paedophile victims


Buckingham Palace declined to comment on a US court ruling allowing Virginia Giuffre’s sexual assault lawsuit against Prince Andrew to proceed. Unless resolved, the lawsuit could see members of the royal family testify.

“We do not comment on ongoing legal issues,” A palace spokesman told multiple media outlets on Wednesday after U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan in Manhattan gave Giuffre permission to proceed with the case against the Duke of York.


Giuffre claims she was trafficked to the prince for sex by now-dead paedophile Jeffrey Epstein and his recently convicted girlfriend and “lady” Ghislaine Maxwell.However, Giuffre’s civil suit against Andrew risked being excluded from court when the prince’s lawyers argued that it violated a 2009 settlement agreement reached between Giuffre and Epstein, in which She agreed not to sue any “Potential defendant” Against notorious child molesters.

Kaplan backs Giuffre’s legal team, who argue the settlement exists to protect Epstein and therefore does not include “third party” like Andrew.

Kaplan’s ruling paves the way for a lengthy discovery and testimony, during which other members of the British royal family may be called to testify.


Prince Andrew has denied sexually assaulting Giuffre, who was 17 at the time of the alleged abuse. He also denied meeting the accuser, although he was pictured in London with his arms around her when she claimed she had been trafficked to him.

The Duke of York insists Giuffre is seeking a “Payday” from him. Giuffre’s attorney, David Boies, said Wednesday that his client “Awaiting judicial determination on the merits of these claims” against the prince.

You can share this story on social media: