Represented 125 victims in a US$750 million Astroworld lawsuit

Lawsuit filed on behalf of 125 victims Astroworld crowd crush tragedy Houston is asking Travis Scott, Drake, Apple, Live Nation and other companies to pay $750 million.

Houston attorney Tony Buzby filed a lawsuit on behalf of clients on Monday, including the 21-year-old family of Axel Acosta, who was in Scott One of the 10 people killed at the annual hip-hop festival also caused hundreds of injuries.

The lawsuit named Scott and Drake (who appeared as guest performers) as the defendants, as well as the promoters Live Nation and ScoreMore Shows; security companies Contemporary Services, Apex Security and Valle Security Texas; and ParaDocs, which signed for the festival Provide medical services during the period. The lawsuit also mentions Apple, which broadcast the concert live on its Apple Music service; Scott’s record label Epic and his own Cactus Jack record label; and Harris County Sports Conference Company, which operates NRG Park.

“When Axel fell, he was stepped under the feet of those who fought to prevent him from being crushed,” the lawsuit said. “When he was lying under a large group of people, dying, the music played and played-nearly forty minutes.”

A person points with a microphone during a performance.

Travis Scott will perform at the Space World Music Festival in Houston on November 5, 2021.

(Amy Harris/Invision/Associated Press)

Buzbee’s lawsuit stated that by the early afternoon, “probably a large group of’sickos’ [Scott fans] The number of police officers exceeded the required number, and they had rushed through the gate and removed the roadblocks. The police began to discuss the possibility of closing the venue and entrances in an attempt to control access to the event. ”

By 8 pm, “HPD [Houston Police Department] Due to the large number of unruly people, buses are being requested to transport the detainees. Detaining them on the scene requires the withdrawal of resources from other crowd control measures. Obviously, the presence of security personnel and police has been overwhelmed. “

“HFD [Houston Fire Department] The personnel outside the gate of NRG announced mass casualties at 9:38 p.m.,” the lawsuit continued. “Despite this statement, the defendant Webster [Jacques Bermon Webster II, who’s known professionally as Travis Scott] Continued to perform for forty minutes, and even introduced and performed with the defendant Graham [Drake]The defendants continued to perform, despite reports that lifeless bodies passed through the crowd in full view of the stage. “

A representative of Scott told The Times in a statement late last week, “Travis Scott and his team have been Ways for families affected by the tragedy to establish contact. He is upset by this situation and is eager to express his condolences and help as soon as possible, but hopes to continue to respect the wishes of each family and hope that they can best maintain contact.”

Epic Records and Apple representatives did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the lawsuit. Live Nation said in a statement: “We will continue to support and assist local authorities in ongoing investigations so that participating fans and their families can get the answers they want and deserve. We will resolve all issues in due course. Legal Issues.”

Buzbee wrote in the lawsuit: “When [Drake] accepted [Scott’s] Invited to perform at Astroworld 2021, [Drake] Well aware of the loss [Scott] It has been caused in his shows in the past. [Drake] It is also very clear about the expected size and volatility of the crowd, as well as the possibility of incitement. “

The lawsuit mentions several Scott’s previous events Inciting dangerous behavior at concerts, including misdemeanors in two incidents in 2015 and 2017. A criminal investigation into the cause of the tragedy is also underway.

“Axel likes rap music, he likes the lineup that will be performed at Astroworld, but the love and the feeling are not mutual,” Bouzby says At a press conference in Houston on November 8. “Of course, Travis Scott and his agents, entourages, managers, agents, supporters, promoters, organizers, or sponsors did not care enough about Axel or even make Minimal effort to ensure the safety of him and others at the concert.”

At the same time, dozens of lawsuits have been filed against injured and dead Astroworld concert audiences.

Lawyer Ben Crump announced the lawsuit on behalf of the family Ezra Blunt, A 9-year-old child is the 10th victim of injury and death during the festival. In a statement announcing the lawsuit, Kremp said: “Tonight the Blunt family is grieving for the inexplicable disappearance of their precious little son.” “This should not be the result of taking their son to the concert, it should be a joy. Celebration.”

The family of the late Manuel Souza claimed in their own lawsuits against Scott, Live Nation and others that “sadly, because the defendants sought benefits at the expense of the health and safety of the concert audience, and because they encouraged violence, At least 8 people were killed and dozens were injured. It should have been a fun night.”

Maria D. Peña, the mother of the victim Rudy Peña, also stated in the lawsuit: “The defendant is responsible for Rudy Peña’s injury and death. They know or should know [conditions] It is not safe and poses an unreasonable risk of harm to the concert audience. Despite the danger, they let the show go on. “

Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *