Prince Andrew is serving sentence in a sexual abuse lawsuit filed by Virginia Giuffre

According to records in the Federal Court of New York, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, has accepted a sexual assault lawsuit filed by one of Jeffrey Epstein’s accusers.

Andrew was sued in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York by the 38-year-old Virginia Juffel, who accused the Duke of multiple sexual abuses of her in New York, London, and Epstein’s private islands in the U.S. Virgin Islands in 2000. And in 2002, when she was less than 18 years old.

The Duke has repeatedly denied having sex with Giuffre, especially once heavy In an interview with the BBC in November 2019, he tried to defend himself, claiming that he had never seen her.Soon after the interview aired, Andrew Announce He is “retiring” from royal office.

The affidavit of service filed on Friday stated that Andrew’s security team members formally received notice of the lawsuit against him at his home in Windsor Castle on August 27.

In the affidavit, Cesar Augusto Sepulveda stated that it took him two days to deliver the documents because on his first attempt on August 26, Andrew’s security team told him that they had been instructed not to accept any court proceedings. Or “allowing anyone to attend is to provide court proceedings on the property’s premises.”

When he returned the next day, Sepulveda met with Andrew’s security chief, and he told him that he could give the documents to a guard at the Royal Hotel and then forward them to the Duke’s legal team. The security chief refused to let Sepulveda serve Andrew himself.

The document lists London-based criminal defense lawyer Gary Bloxsome as the Duke’s lawyer. BuzzFeed News contacted Bloxsome to comment on the affidavit of service and the document claiming that his security team had been instructed not to receive court documents. He did not respond.

However, according to ABC NewsAccording to reports, Bloxsome questioned the legitimacy of the service in a letter obtained online and called the behavior of Giuffre’s legal team “regrettable.” According to ABC News, in a document that Bloxsome sent to Barbara Fontaine, a senior maestro of British judicial officials, on September 6, the lawyer claimed that under British law, the method of serving the lawsuit invalidated the service.

“If there is no good reason to do so, our customers are extremely unlikely to be prepared to accept any form of alternative services, and the delivery of these procedures is still not standardized, and the feasibility of the claim is still in doubt,” Bloxsome reportedly wrote.

The first pre-trial meeting will be conducted by telephone on Monday. It is unclear whether the lawyer representing Andrew will participate because the federal court has not submitted any documents to defend him.

Giuffre is one of them Many women Accuses Andrew’s long-time partner Epstein of sexually abusing minors.

The famous financier Epstein, suicide At the Federal Detention Center on August 10, 2019, while facing charges Sex trafficking He also abused dozens of underage girls, some of whom were only 14 years old.

In her lawsuit against Andrew on August 9, Juffrey claimed that she was forced to have sex with the Duke “under the express or implied threats” of Epstein, his then-girlfriend Gisline Maxwell, and Andrew himself. Relationship. The complaint included a picture of 17-year-old Giuffre, then Virginia Roberts and Andrew, with his arms around her waist.

The complaint stated that Andrew sexually abused her, “knowing that she was a victim of a sex trade who was forced to have sex with him.”

In a statement provided to BuzzFeed News on the day the lawsuit was filed, Giuffre said that she finally “holds Prince Andrew accountable for what he did to me.”

Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *