Seoul says Pyongyang’s second missile launch in a week undermined ‘political stability’
South Korea has urged Pyongyang to resume talks after reports North Korea fired a second ballistic missile within six days. Negotiations to limit Pyongyang’s missile program stalled in 2019.
emission “It poses a major threat not only to the peace and security of the Korean peninsula but also to the world, and is not conducive to easing military tensions,” South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) said.
South Korean President’s National Security Council (NSC) said “Strong regret,” Description launch “It happened at a time when political stability was very important.”
The National Security Council held an emergency meeting on Tuesday morning to call on North Korea “Resume dialogue and cooperation” for regional peace.
Pyongyang fired, JCS report says “Presumed to be a ballistic missile” It entered the Sea of Japan (known in South Korea as the East Sea) on Tuesday. The launch was also spotted by U.S. Indo-Pacific Command.
It was the second suspected missile launch by North Korea in six days.The performance of the missile launched on Tuesday, according to JCS “it has been improved” Compared to the projectile fired on January 5.
So far, North Korea has not commented on the matter. Negotiations over North Korea’s missile program effectively stalled in 2019 after a failed summit between then-U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Hanoi, Vietnam.
You can share this story on social media: