Man arrested for death threats from Piers Morgan-Action News Now

The broadcaster was subjected to “virulent” abuse, and his son forced him to install an emergency button at home


After a long investigation, a man was arrested for online death threats against the television broadcaster Piers Morgan and his eldest son Spencer.

In February 2021, Morgan revealed that he and his son wereInternet trolls.In the violent information reported by the TV anchor to the police, he was called “A marked person.


It was confirmed on Friday that a 43-year-old man was arrested in Manchester, England in August 2021 for “Threatened to kill. “

While the investigation continues, he has been released for investigation. The investigation is still ongoing,“Scotland Yard said in a statement quoted by British media.


Although the police did not name the alleged perpetrator, while commenting on the Sun’s report on the case, Morgan wrote on Twitter:Cowardly threats have consequences. “


The threat prompted the family to install an emergency button at home, and Morgan later said that his three sons had become “Vicious abuse and threats of violence.

In an interview with The Sun, Morgan thanked the police for taking his complaint seriously. “People think that death threats to public figures on social media are perfectly okay, but that is not the case-boundaries must be drawn, especially when family members are targeted.” He said.

The paper stated that the police confiscated the person’s digital equipment for forensic analysis.


After Prince Harry and Meghan Markle decided to resign as senior members of the royal family, Morgan had previously linked death threats to his controversial remarks against Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. However, as he pointed out at the time, his sons have nothing to do with this story.

They don’t even care about Meghan Markle, let alone agree with me about her.However, the Twitter troll mob found them guilty through the association,” the TV host wrote.

You can share this story on social media: