Alec Baldwin pulls out phone in ‘Rusty’ shooting investigation

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia times brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ff9%2F63%2Fe43c431548ddb0b6364816154cec%2Fla et rust unfurled gallery03

Alec Baldwin has handed over his mobile phone to search for evidence of it during the criminal investigation into the deadly ‘Rust’ shooting.

On Friday morning, the stars and producers of low-budget westerns — who shot deadly Cinematographer Harina Hutchins gave her cell phone to the sheriff’s deputies in New York on Oct. 21, according to Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Spokesperson Juan Rios and Baldwin’s attorney.

Rios said investigators from New York’s Suffolk County Sheriff will review the contents of Baldwin’s phone for text messages, emails, photos or other data that may be relevant to the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s investigation into the accidental shooting.

“Once the data was retrieved from the phone, they gave it to us,” Rios said.

Just Thursday, sheriff’s investigators expressed disappointment at the delay in obtaining Baldwin’s phone.

Loft in the First Judicial District of New Mexico. Mary Carmack-Altwies, the top Santa Fe County law enforcement official overseeing the case, has stepped in to lead negotiations with Baldwin and his Los Angeles attorney Aaron Dyer to allow the search Baldwin’s phone.

The process was complicated because Baldwin did not voluntarily provide his cell phone, according to the search warrant affidavit.

Additionally, the actor has returned to New York, where he has a home in the Hamptons, and New Mexico authorities appear powerless to force him to hand over the phone.

“Alec voluntarily provided his cell phone to the authorities this morning so they could complete their investigation,” Dale said in a statement.

Santa Fe County Magistrate David Segura on December 16 Authorized Search Warrant Allows local law enforcement to search Baldwin’s iPhone for evidence that may prove valuable to their investigation fatal shot It also hurt the film’s director, Joel Sousa.

The search warrant issued by Segura was only valid in New Mexico, leading to a behind-the-scenes effort to develop a consent agreement, according to local attorneys. Because of these jurisdictional issues, the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office was brought into negotiations.

Rios said the parties reached an agreement on what data could be obtained from the phone.

Baldwin’s delay in handing over his phone has sparked more controversy surrounding his role in the tragedy.

Over the weekend, Baldwin posted a video on Instagram denying that he was trying to stop the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office investigation.

“Any suggestion that I’m not complying with a request, order, request or search warrant regarding my phone is a bull-[expletive], it’s a lie,” Baldwin said in the video from his car.

“It’s a process where one state makes a request to another state. People from another state can’t come to you and say, ‘Give me your phone, give me this, give me that. They can’t do that,'” Baldwin said in the video said in. “They have to go through the state you live in. It’s a process that takes time.”

Dell played down claims that Baldwin’s phone would provide any enticing evidence.

“This matter has nothing to do with his phone and there are no answers on his phone. Alec did nothing wrong,” the attorney said. “It was clear he was told it was a cold shot and was following instructions at the time of this tragic accident. The real question that needs to be answered is how the live game got into the set in the first place.”

Earlier this week, the 24-year-old armorer in the film, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, suing for weapons suppliedr In New Mexico, Seth Kenney claimed he supplied the set with a mislabeled ammo box containing live ammunition. Kenny denied supplying any live ammunition to the studio.